The Wisconsin Regional Service Network (RSN) is offered in cooperation with the Department of Public Instruction as a support to all area Directors of Special Education. The mission of the Wisconsin RSN is to improve the quality of educational services to students with disabilities. The RSN has identified the strategies of communication, staff development, and leadership for accomplishing this mission.The RSN also provides technical assistance to local special education leadership personnel via phone calls, district visits, information dissemination, discussions at CESA #2 RSN meetings, and research on specific local issues/concerns as requested. The State Performance Plan-20 indicators (SPP) influence the RSN responsibilities at both the state and local levels.
Activities of the RSN Project include:
- Regional Service Network Meetings for district-level Directors of Special Education and joint School Leadership Network meetings in conjunction with the Statewide Title I Network
- Participation in the Regional Service Network Grant activities that support DPI Initiatives
- Quarterly Legal Briefings
- CESA #2 Special Education Directory
- Resource and technical assistance, including the 20 Indicators and the Self-Assessment Process
- Network of ongoing communication and information between the Department of Public Instruction, CESA #2, and local districts
- Consultation in the area of special education administration
- Support and consultation for new Directors of Special Education/Pupil Services
- Current IEE list
This service is available to all the Directors of Special Education in the CESA #2 region. No charge due to being underwritten by RSN Grant
Activities subject to change depending on RSN Grant Work Plan written by the Department of Public Instruction.
Click here for Dialogue with Attorney Program information.